The warehousing and storage of goods is an essential part of logistics operations within a business. Roles within this industry require great skill and organisation to coordinate the demand and supply of goods and ultimately meet customer needs. This course is designed to help learners understand how to process orders for dispatch and understand the purpose of a stock check.
The objective of the Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage Principles qualification is to prepare learners to gain employment or progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or where more specific knowledge, skills and understanding is required.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage Principles. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with McCrory Training:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- 1 to 1 support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the warehousing and storage industry. It includes the following knowledge-based learning outcomes:
- Understand how to receive and store goods and materials
- Understand how to process orders and dispatch goods
- Understand how to deliver effective customer service
- Understand health, safety, security and legislation
- Understand how to be an effective team worker
Alongside the Level 2 Certificate in Warehousing & Storage Principles qualification learners will also receive industry specific training in the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
Learners completing the course successfully will be given the opportunity to undertake further progression training to gain a fully funded RTITB FLT Licence.
Who is this Training for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Skills Support for the Unemployed ESFA Funding within the York, North Yorkshire, and East Riding (YNYER) Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP):
- Aged 16+
- Unemployed & Economically inactive
- A permanent resident within the YNYER LEP
- Not in any other Education or Training
- A Citizen of a country within the European Union or other countries determined within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Have the Right of Abode in the UK
- Have been a Legal Resident within the LEP for at least 3 years prior to the first day of learning.
- Able to take paid employment in a European Union member state
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the warehousing and storage industry. It aids career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including retail, warehousing and many more.