Demand for adult social care is constantly increasing as people who use the services are living longer, meaning there is a rising need for quality providers of care. The need for adult social care continues to rise at a time when the system supporting that care is rapidly and significantly changing. With around 1.5 million people working in adult social care in England, care workers need up-to-date support and guidance in order to provide adequate person-centred care. Have you ever considered how you might contribute to the care of vulnerable adults in society? This course helps prepare you for any role within adult social care, in order to ensure the needs of vulnerable people continue to be met.
The objective of the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification is to prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding. It is aimed at those working or preparing to work in adult social care and aims to introduce knowledge around areas relating to adult social care, including:
- equality, diversity and inclusion
- personal development
- role of the social care worker
- handling information
- health and safety
- duty of care
- person centred approaches
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with McCrory Training:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- 1 to 1 support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the Health & Social Care industry. It includes the following knowledge-based learning outcomes:
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
Alongside the Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification learners will also receive industry specific training in the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
Who is this Training for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Skills Support for the Unemployed ESFA Funding within the York, North Yorkshire, and East Riding (YNYER) Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP):
- Aged 16+
- Unemployed & Economically inactive
- A permanent resident within the YNYER LEP
- Not in any other Education or Training
- A Citizen of a country within the European Union or other countries determined within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Have the Right of Abode in the UK
- Have been a Legal Resident within the LEP for at least 3 years prior to the first day of learning.
- Able to take paid employment in a European Union member state
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the Health & Social Care industry. It aids career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including Care , warehousing and many more.