The hospitality industry is exciting and fast moving, comprised of approximately 127,000 businesses, the industry is responsible for providing employment to about 1.6 million people in the UK. It can take people around the globe and offers the opportunity for a rewarding and varied career. There are so many aspects to hospitality that it can be difficult to decide which route to pursue. And, of course, the more skills that someone has, the wider the opportunities available to them.
The Level 2 Certificates in Hospitality and Catering Principles qualification is ideal for people looking to start their career in the hospitality industry. The course covers a variety of topics including the importance of teamwork, safe and hygienic workplaces as well as customer service and giving customers a positive impression. These are all key areas within the hospitality industry and ensure the best service is provided to customers at all times.
Successful completion of this course leads to The Level 2 Certificates in Hospitality and Catering Principles. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with McCrory Training:
- It is FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- 1 to 1 support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
This is a knowledge based course, which will allow learners to develop the generic knowledge, skills and understanding essential for working in the hospitality industry, such as maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment, working effectively as part of a hospitality team and maintaining food safety in a catering environment. It includes the following knowledge-based learning outcomes:
- Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environments in Hospitality
- Effective Teamwork
- Giving Customers a Positive Impression
- Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality Leisure Travel and Tourism
- Service of Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- Principles of Promoting Additional Services or Products to Customers
- Principles of Maintaining Customer Service Through Effective Handover
- Principles of Resolving Customer Service Problems
Alongside the Level 2 Certificates in Hospitality and Catering Principles qualification learners will also receive industry specific training in the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Skills Support for the Unemployed ESFA Funding within the York, North Yorkshire, and East Riding (YNYER) Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP):
- Aged 16+
- Unemployed & Economically inactive
- A permanent resident within the YNYER LEP
- Not in any other Education or Training
- A Citizen of a country within the European Union or other countries determined within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Have the Right of Abode in the UK
- Have been a Legal Resident within the LEP for at least 3 years prior to the first day of learning.
- Able to take paid employment in a European Union member state
This knowledge-based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the Hospitality industry. It aids career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including Tourism, Leisure and many more.