With a UK industry turnover estimated at £4.7 billion in 2019, cleaning is one of the largest business sectors in the UK. It underpins many aspects of life today and is essential for the prevention of disease and spread of infection. People actively seek out clean, safe and comfortable environments, so having a highly skilled cleaning workforce is essential.
We are all responsible for cleaning at home, however cleaning at a professional level takes a lot more expertise. If you want a job in the cleaning industry, you will have to prove to your employer that you have the correct skills to tackle the role.
The Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles qualification is designed for those learners wishing to pursue a career in the cleaning industry. It provides learners with the opportunity to develop and practice the skills required for employment within the cleaning sector.
Successful completion of this course leads to a nationally-accredited Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with McCrory Training:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- 1 to 1 support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the cleaning industry. It includes the following knowledge-based learning outcomes:
- Develop knowledge of generic and specialist cleaning principles
- Gain awareness of practical techniques
- Learn how to work with customers
- Learn health and safety requirements
Alongside the Level 2 Certificate in Cleaning Principles qualification learners will also receive industry specific training in the following areas:
- Health & Safety at Work
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Manual Handling
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Who is this course for?
People looking for a qualification to help them find a new job or enhance their performance in their current role, learn new skills to fulfil a personal learning goal, or experience the benefits of online learning.
Eligibility Criteria for Skills Support for the Unemployed ESFA Funding within the York, North Yorkshire, and East Riding (YNYER) Local Employment Partnership (LEP):
- Aged 16+
- Unemployed & Economically inactive
- A permanent resident within the York, North Yorkshire or East Riding region
- Not in any other Education or Training
- A Citizen of a country within the European Union or other countries determined within the European Economic Area (EEA)
- Have the Right of Abode in the UK
- Have been a Legal Resident within the LEP for at least 3 years prior to the first day of learning.
- Able to take paid employment in a European Union member state
This knowledge based course will support learners already employed in the sector as well as those wishing to enter the Cleaning industry. It aids career progression in a wide range of different sectors, including retail, hospitality and many more.